Sunday 12 June 2016

Missing/enjoying: Spring showers...


I really, really like spring in Manhattan. Once the fear of tornadoes wears off, we are left with comfortable days, light showers and scattered storms.


And puddles.


Lots of puddles for jumping in, especially after school and work, so that we don't have to worry about gumboots that are no longer water tight or wet and muddy clothes.


Everything turns green and flowers, and the air smells fresh and clean and a little sweet. There might have been muddy or wet (or both!) clothes in need of washing every day, but when it was so nice outside and we didn't have to worry about the extreme cold of winter or the extreme heat of summer.


I think spring has become my favourite season and I miss the cooler weather, now that we are definitely in summer with days over 30C, and forecasts for 36C by the end of the week...

I already miss spring showers in Manhattan, not just because of the heat, but also because going home to Australia means that we will not experience such variation in seasons again, and that makes me a little sad... Hopefully we'll find some spring showers in Australia before too long.

The first photos was taken by me, all the other photos were taken by Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment